Watch what I do on Facebook

  

Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Power of Dreams

While packing to go to Australia I dropped a small accessory viewfinder (for a 15mm wide angle lens for my Leica) in the walk-in closet I use as the storage place for my camera gear. I was in a hurry, so I glanced around in a perfunctory fashion, did not find it, and made a mental note to look for it when I got back.
Seven weeks later I returned, and started looking in earnest. Could not find it. I moved everything on the floor of the closet (tripods, empty camera bags, tools, extension cords, etc)
I emptied a couple of drawers, just in case. No luck.
Last night I dreamed that I found it on an upper shelf of the closet, in a drawer. It had been slightly modified - a parallax correction screw had been added. Nice.
This morning when I awoke I went to my closet - and it it was not there!
I then looked on the upper shelf - there was no drawer, and the viewfinder was not on the shelf - at least, not near the front. I emptied the shelf, and there was the viewfinder, right at the back, under a tangle of old USB cords. I have no idea how it could have bounced there.
It did not have the parallax correction screw.
Hmmm

No comments: