Watch what I do on Facebook

  

Sunday, November 01, 2015

Bill Gates: The private sector is completely inept

"“Since World War II, U.S.-government R&D has defined the state of the art in almost every area,” Gates told the Atlantic. “When I first got into this I thought, ‘How well does the Department of Energy spend its R&D budget?’ And I was worried: ‘Gosh, if I’m going to be saying it should double its budget, if it turns out it’s not very well spent, how am I going to feel about that? But as I’ve really dug into it, the DARPA money is very well spent, and the basic-science money is very well spent. The government has these ‘Centers of Excellence.’ They should have twice as many of those things, and those things should get about four times as much money as they do.”" And Congressmen will respond "I am not a scientist but yada yada yada. We must cut spending so our donors can get their payback"
See: http://ift.tt/1XAQ5xG Cross-posted from Facebook via IFTTT

No comments: