Watch what I do on Facebook

  

Friday, February 11, 2005

Great photo shows in Chicago

Today I went out with a couple of folk that I met through the Street Photography mailing list.

Despite a lifelong interest in photography, I spent very little time in galleries looking at photographs. In Johannesburg, there were no photo galleries. While working in the USA, time for galleries was almost non-existent. So, apart from an occasional swing by the photographs in the Chicago Art Institute, galleries were not on my radar screen.

Today was an eye-opener for me. We first visited the Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College -- a stunning set of exhibitions spread over multiple floors. Next, over to the West Loop area - several commercial galleries with fascinating exhibitions.

For more on galleries in Chicago, see Chicago Gallery News.

An interesting space is the West Loop Art Market.

No comments: