Watch what I do on Facebook

  

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Bio: First Memories

My Memory:
I am on a balcony overlooking a beach. A large warplane flies overhead, very noisily, very close. It makes me cry. With an open mouth I create a large blob of chocolate on my mother's white blouse. My mother is upset about the blob.

Factual Background:
I was born in a seaside town in the Cape Province, South Africa. I lived in that town for the first four years of my life, which was during the period now (2006) known as the "Second World War". Hopefully, it will become known as the "Last World War". This note obfuscates the name of the town to delay identity thieves.

I recently visited the town, and the view agrees with my childhood memory. I have never discussed this memory with my mother, so it not a memory that has been reinforced by repetition.

No comments: